Guidelines for Flowsheeting
Guidelines for Flowsheet Development
- Select any compound from the available list in DWSIM Database. Click here to get the list of compounds.
- Build a DWSIM flowsheet for the process development of selected compound.
- Proper naming should be done for streams and unit operations such as:
- Material Streams should be named as S-01, S-02, etc.
- Energy Streams should be named as E-01, E-02, etc.
- Unit Operations could be named suitably. For example,
- Distillation Columns should be named as DC-01, D-03, etc.
- Heat Exchanger should be named as HE-01, He-02, etc.
- Reactors should be named as RC-01, RC-02, etc.
- Insert a master property table in the Flowsheet Area displaying important properties for the important matrerial streams.
- Use. dwxml or .dwxmz extension for uploading the flowsheet, as required by DWSIM.
Guidelines for Writing Brief Abstract for the Project
- The abstract should be a maximum of 2 pages.
- It should communicate the contents of the flowsheet
- Following sections should be included in the abstract:
- Description of the flowsheet
- Conclusion and Recommendations (If any)
- Custom unit systems used in flowsheet other than SI must be specified.
- The abstract should be submitted in pdf format.
If you want any changes in the uploaded/approved flowsheet, kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org