DWSIM Flowsheeting Competition
|Sl No||Name||Institution||Flowsheet Title|
|1||Naji Navas Pachayi||National Institute of Technology, Calicut||Seperation of Pentane and Hexane from a C5+ stream through two different distillation sequence|
|2||Kumaran Nagappan K||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli||Extractive Distillation of Acetonitrile/Water/Isopropanol mixture using Ethylene Glycol|
|3||Om Pandey||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||Binary Azeotropic Separation containing Tetrahydrofuran and Ethanol|
|4||Abhishek Charan||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||Distillation for Separating Acetone and N-Heptane Binary Azeotropic Mixture|
|5||Venkatta Sharma S||SASTRA Deemed to be University, Thanjavur||Manufacture of N,N-Dimethylformamide by the Methyl Formate route|
Note: No ranking or position has been considered while listing the names and therefore the order in which the names are listed is random.
- Registration begins: 20th January 2023
- Last date of registration: 25th February 2023
- Last date of submission of DWSIM flowsheet and abstract: 15th March 2023
- Declaration of results: 31st March 2023
Link for Registration: https://bit.ly/dwsim-fc-registration
Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay, in association with the FOSSEE Project, is conducting DWSIM Flowsheeting Competition. This competition is open to all, both from academia and industry. Individual participation is required. No team participation is permitted.
- Take a process flowsheet from any published literature (journal article, conference paper, textbook).
- Simulate the same using DWSIM
- Validate the results either from the published article or any other simulator
Step 1: Register for the competition here: https://bit.ly/dwsim-fc-registration
Step 2: Submit a proposal form here: https://dwsim.fossee.in/flowsheeting-project/proposal (Registration using the link given in step 1 is mandatory. Only submission of a proposal will not be considered as participation in the competition)
Step 3: Wait for a day to receive confirmation regarding the acceptance/rejection of the proposal.
Step 4: Once acceptance is received, work on the flowsheet and a report within three weeks.
Step 5: The report should contain the following:
- A detailed explanation of the flowsheet
- Comparison of results with other simulators or literature
- What thermodynamics was chosen and why?
- Relevant references
Step 6: Submit the flowsheet and report here: https://dwsim.fossee.in/flowsheeting-project/abstract-code/upload