DWSIM Custom Modeling Project is managed by the FOSSEE project, IIT Bombay. We provide internship certificates and honorarium to all who participate in this activity. The procedure is as follows:
- Learn DWSIM. Get started by visiting our spoken tutorials here.
- Submit custom modeling proposal
- Log into existing DWSIM account, else create a new account if you are a new user.
- Propose your preferred model for which you intend to create a custom model, using the proposal form here.
- Ensure that the proposed custom modeling project is not available in Completed Custom Models or Custom Models in Progress.
- Custom Model proposal criteria
- Select a model/unit-operation which is not available among the existing unit operation in DWSIM.
- Upload a short abstract describing the custom model.
- Intimation about the approval or rejection of the proposal will be informed via email within one week.
- Once approved, start building/coding the custom model. Click here for guidelines on building the custom models.
- Prepare a brief outline/abstract for the custom model created in about two pages. Click here for guidelines on writing the abstract.
- Upload the custom model created and a brief abstract in the portal. Click here to upload.
- Simultaneously, post the IITB internship forms. For further details, click here.
- Review of the Custom Model:
- Initially, the uploaded custom model will be reviewed for errors, which should typically take about 7-10 days.
- The custom model will be tested with five different thermodynamics and ten different component systems.
- During testing, if the custom model is found to have an error of the flowsheet or any of its components is found to be erroneous, the intern will have to resubmit the corrected flowsheet after ensuring that the COMPLETE flowsheet is bug-free
- Once the submitted custom model is bug-free, the output of the custom model will be verified for correctness and checked with the information provided in the abstract. This process may take up to 45 working days.
- If one submits the custom for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of the honorarium.
- Review of the Abstract:
- Initially, the uploaded abstract will be checked for any kind of plagiarism.
- If any plagiarism is found in the abstract, it will attract a penalty which will be reduced from the honorarium received for the custom model.
- Uploaded abstract will be checked for its model description and obtained results by using it in a DWSIM file/flowsheet.
- Interns who successfully finish the custom modeling project as per the specified procedure will be awarded an internship e-certificate and an honorarium.
- Custom models with some minor modifications over the existing custom models or existing unit-operations in DWSIM will not be accepted.
NOTE: Contributors are recommended to use the latest DWSIM version available for creating/uploading the custom models.