Guidelines for Coding
All the guidelines should be followed without fail for timely acceptance of code and award of internship. Failure to do so might result in rejection of your work.
- Strictly use DWSIM 4.3 and above for coding.
- The codes should follow the naming convention as given below, the codes will not be approved if the naming convention is not followed as instructed. For example, 3rd solved problem from chapter 1 (Example 1.3) should be represented by code named as Ex1_3.dwxml.
- Do not submit separate codes for various sub problems of a particular solved examples. For example, only a single code Ex5_4.dwxml (containing answers to all 3 subparts) should be submitted instead of submitting 3 separate codes Ex5_4_a.dwxml, Ex5_4_b.dwxml and Ex5_4_c.dwxml.
- The dependencies on other codes/functions (if any) should be mentioned as a comment clearly before starting the code.
- If the textbook contains error in calculations/results, mention the same as a comment at the end.
- Follow the convention mentioned below for uploading files: (a) Use .dwxml extension for main files (b) Use .dwsim extension for dependency
- Do not include problem statement/text from the book in the code.
- All the outputs must be displayed in appropriate format (along with units mentioned).
- The symbols used in the code should be same as those being used in the textbook.
- Check for using correct formulae while using in-built functions (For example, the angles must be converted to degree (or radians) before calculating the sine or cosine etc).
- Once you have completed coding, mail us at contact-dwsim(at)fossee(dot)in with complete details including your name and allotted book.